What is Cloudflare and what does it do?
Free aspect of Cloudflare are :
• DNS hosting — DNS is responsible for translating domain names into IP addresses, Cloudflare offers DNS hosting to manage DNS records, and Cloudflare records come into effect very quickly in most cases.
• CDN — Content Delivery Network is a service that intercepts your website and serves the website from the geographically closest server, which in turn increases the website loading speed.
• SSL/TLS — Cloudflare offers free SSL for the domain name and wildcard subdomains for the third level in the hostname.
• Firewall — A firewall is a network security device that monitors and filters incoming and outgoing network traffic based on an organization’s established security policies.
The Cloudflare firewall provides a way to block traffic using IP address, hostname, known bots, URI, and more.
• Page rules — Page Rules allow you to control how Cloudflare works on a URL or subdomain basis. Page Rules allow you to tailor Cloudflare’s functionality to the unique needs of your domain. Page Rules provide various features like redirects, HTTPS rewrites, and more.
• Apps — Developer-made Cloudflare apps provide various functions with just a click of a button.
• Analytics — Cloudflare Analytics provides simple analytics for your website.
• Registrar — Cloudflare offers wholesale domain registration with free Whois processing.
Benefits of using CloudFlare to protect your website from attacks
Here are some of the benefits of using CloudFlare to protect your website from attacks: – Improved performance – With Cloudflare you will see an increase in your website’s speed. This is mainly because static content is being cached on your site. This means a user can quickly access your website without having to download all of your content from a remote server. – Better SEO – Another benefit of using Cloudflare is an improvement in your SEO. Cloudflare lets you use a familiar format for your website. This standard format is great for SEO as it gives search engine bots an easy way to crawl and index your site. – For better experiences – Cloudflare improve your user experience by protecting your website from distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. This will prevent your website from going down and provide your users with a better experience by protecting their online experience.